We take back our words!
Only a few days back we were complaining about the lack of watchable television programmes. But we aren’t complaining anymore!
Mummy found something
that we are all loving to drool over very much watchable !
In fact, everyone including Daddy is only too glad she is hooked to THIS:
The resultant effect is absolutely Drool-worthy!
See what we mean?
This is ‘Sweet and Sour Paneer Mango Masala’ - Mummy’s invention Dish.
It is fairly easy to put together, very healthy and yummy too!
1. Boil raw mangoes. Extract the pulp and remove the seeds. Keep aside.
2. Slightly stir-fry 1 inch cubes of cottage-cheese or goat-cheese in sunflower/olive-oil till the surface turns brownish. Keep aside.
3. Stir-fry chopped onion till they are golden brown in oil of your choice. Add cumin seeds fry till they sizzle. Add the mango pulp. Add sugar and salt to taste. Stir constantly and cook till the pulp turns thick and starts sticking to the sides of the pan.
4. Stir in the cottage-cheese cubes and keep covered in low heat for about 5 minutes. Add sliced green-chillies. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Serve with - Plain steamed rice, Jeera Rice, Indian-bread (Roti, Parantha)
(In this recipe, for 250gms of Cottage-cheese, you need about 4 medium sized raw mangoes)
Our favourite: Jeera-Raisin Rice
1. Steam rice, making sure the grains do not stick to each other. Keep aside.
2. Stir-fry cumin seeds in refined sunflower oil till they start sizzling. Add Raisins and fry for just about 30 seconds.
3. Add turmeric powder, a pinch, for colour.
4. Add the rice, salt and sugar to taste and stir-fry till the rice-grains turn golden brown.
(Tip: Mummy drops the chillies and raisins from our portions of this dish!)
Yummz… Bon Appetite !
GINGER & BUDDY