~Elwyn Brooks White, Essays of E.B. White, 1977
Hey Pawple, Don’t you think this EBW person thinks like us Dawgs, feels our love for all things ‘nature’?
It is Earth Day today.
We Dawgs have had a relationship with nature long before we came to live with Hooman-kind. Even today we are happier when we are out on a trek, hike or just a simple peaceful walk.
Do I see a lot of paws thumping agreement?
We believe it is very important to start training our hoomans to help us cut down on Carbon-Pawprints before it is too late.
We have come up with a few ideas. Please feel free to add some of your own tips. We shall feature them in our blog with your name.
Tips for our Hoomans:
1. Use Bio-degradable bags instead of plastic bags to scoop up our poop (thank you Mummy n Daddy for picking up after us)
2. Walk us to the park instead of driving us down (though we love the ride, we are ready to comply)
3. Buy our food and toy supplies in bulk to cut down on trips and packaging waste (Wow! will u get the whole year’s supply at once?)
4. Just filter the tap water. You needn’t give us bottled water (we would love to drink from that puddle in the park, by the way!)
5. Do not use the blow dryer please. Towels will do( we would rather use the living room couch or Mummy’s freshly dried clothes)
6. Vinegar works well instead of bleach in case u want to clean a surprise in the living room (for our Puppy-pawrents)
7. Store our treats in re-usable containers to cut down on plastic bags (u can give them all at once,of course!)
8. Get us those Spa-therapy Aloe-vera shampoos. They are natural and earth friendly (Mummy almost marinates us in them..Arrgh!)
9. If you do not have a yard, u can do your share by making a pot-garden. Green plants bring in extra oxygen and helps us and you relax( Ommm…)
10. Try and get us brushes and toys made of re-cyclable rubber.
We Dawgs have a duty towards our future Dogkind to preserve the soft grass, the squirrels, the rivers and the sweet smelling flowers for them.
Dear Furiends, please paw this post forward to help us spread the message.
Waiting for your suggestions,