Wednesday, March 7, 2012

SPRING…HOLI…Us…

It’s Holi tomorrow. The bright, vibrant festival of colours.

 

Spring’s here with all of this season’s radiant energies, smells and colours. Holi is like the official announcement of Spring. Like we try hard to equal the pallete of colours nature splashes all around us.

The flowers are in full bloom, the trees greener, the birds chirpier…

The subject of so many movies, songs, legends and poems, this beautiful festival never fails to inspire a sense of delight and joy in every Indian heart.

Here the world outside is already busy with preparing for the festivities and I am cocooned in my office tending to patients. Yes, tomorrow is a holiday but the spirit catches on and I have been restless since morning.

Bright colorful stalls all around selling lovely powders in a myriad colours are just too delicious a subject for an avid street photographer like me. And believe it or not, I haven’t had the chance to take even a single photograph yet!

 

Alright. All’s not lost yet. I still have today evening and the whole day tomorrow.

Am I playing Holi? Well, I don’t know yet. Buddy is still recovering from his surgery and I am not taking a chance with Shadow after the shock he gave us all the other day.

(I know, I know, there’s so much to tell and I haven’t been sharing much.I am sorry, but things have been very difficult for me in the last couple of months and we are all just recovering)

Yes, you do get heaps of hypoallergenic, organic colours these days but I don’t think I would like to take a chance with my kids. May be we will just go out and catch up with some friends we have been ignoring for a thousand years.

And I’m hoping I’ll have some pictures to show.

Till then…I leave you with one of my favourite Spring Pictures

 

spring

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,

5 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

I can' wait to see more spring pictures - green and flowers and birdies!
I've missed you guys!

Love ya lots,
Mitch

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Do you say Happy Holi? Anyway, happy spring. We hope you get out and get lots of photos.

We're always happy to find that you've posted.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Mariodacat said...

That is a very special picture. Thanks for sharing it with us.

shirin goel said...

Awesome…
mumbaiflowerplaza.com

jabblog said...

It sounds as though you've had the sort of busy time you don't want to repeat!

Share