‘U’ is for ‘US’US – I, Shadow, my big brother Buddy, my big sister Ginger, Mummy and Daddy
When I followed her home and found Ginger and Buddy at her gate, I knew I had found a place where I’d like to stay furever.
Though I couldn’t stop wagging at Ginger & Buddy and them at me, I was, at first, rather intimidated by them.
They seemed so big and had such big barks!
Little did I know that day that they would, one day, be family to me.
Today, I have realised that wishes do come true. You just have to wish hard from the depth of your doggy heart.
It has been a month now since that fateful dark night, brightly lit by gay Diwali lamps, when I came to live here with my furever family.
Yes, a month already!
And what a month!
It has been a journey of discovery & learning for all of us.
From the lost, little pup that I was when I came home, I have come a long way.
In fact, Mummy says I am a ‘Miracle Pup’!
But, to be honest, it hasn’t really been very hard for me. After all, I have had two of the BEST teachers in the world, my big sister and my big brother.
Not a day goes by when I do not learn something new from them.
I guess I am one lucky pup to have such loving and gentle teachers.
These are some of the ‘Life Lessons’ I have learnt in the last month.
1. A good walk is the bare essential necessity of life. Enjoy it to the fullest.
2. Always be connected to Mother Nature and never forget your roots.
3. The best view from the car is through the rear window.
4. It is important to ALWAYS keep the perimeter clear.
5. Tug-of-war and Bitey-face are the best games ever.
6. Unlike what I thought in my early days, the bed is much more comfortable than the cold floor.
7. Mummy keeps heaps of yummables in the big, cold box.
8. If you want a treat, you’ve got to sit down and await your turn.
9. If you can get the look right, you will definitely get an extra table treat.
10. The couch belongs to Ginger & Buddy. But I do get my moments on it.
11. The bean-bag belongs to me. But Daddy is the comfiest sitting bag!
12. A good, cozy sleep is every pup’s birth right.
AND the MOST IMPAWTANT lesson of all:
I have some of the most pawsome friends in the world, my blog friends, who already love me, even though I am only just beginning to know them.
I love you-Furever!
Hi, Gingin & Budboy here.
This post, Shadow’s first, was meant to be posted on 7 Dec- his one month Gotcha Day.
But the last few days passed by in a whirlwind of activities, with hardly a breather.
We are terribly sorry we haven’t been visiting anyone at all. But life should be back to normal in a few more days and we hope to catch up with everyone soon. Promise.
Thanks to the Unparalleled ABC Team for inspiring Shadow to write about US!
Have a great day, everyone!